Floor Should Be Leveled Up Before Tiling For Better Result
Floor Leveling is one of the most important factors to keep in mind for tile floor installation. It is the basic tool to explore the exciting beauty of tile floor. It is always safe to hire professionals for the tile floor leveling. An uneven tile floor could be extreme offensive in use along with disturbed appearance. Professionals are trained to make the surface level. If you are installing the tile floor all by yourself, few tools you might require to use. The tools you need to have for the purpose are easily available from the retail dealers. Wholesale dealers are also available where you might get the product cheaper. But they will not be much interested for single numbered quantity.
Floor leveling procedure:
- The substrate floor should be cleaned entirely. Vacuum cleaner would be the ideal choice. Every single dust particles should be removed carefully.
- Need to mop the floor very gently to remove last dust particle on the substrate. Allow it to get dry.
- Next part is the measurement of the floor for tile Floor Leveling. One needs to take the measurement of the clean substrate. Store all the leveling compounds inside doors. A run for a certain need to other room might lead to a wrong calculation.
- Cover up the subfloor with latex primer. Any primer will not do the job. You need to choose the perfect primer for the subfloor. It would depend on the material of the subfloor. Even apply of the primer is mandatory. It must be applied with roller brush for the best result. The primer should be allowed to be dried up completely.
Leveling of floor:
- One needs to slide a level all across the substrate. It is needed to locate the uneven areas of the subfloor. Whenever it is found, should be marked.
- Self leveling adhesive mixture could be used for easy leveling. In order to do that, one needs to study hard the instructions of mixing. The quantity of the power and developer which is basically water is very important in this factor. If it is applied as per the instruction, it will lead you to easy self leveling. How quickly it should be applied is also another important issue in this procedure.
- The adhesive should be mixed and developed as per the instruction. A power drill should be operated for the even mixture property. An uneven mixture might lead you to an uneven surface.
- Now it is time to apply on the substrate. It will lead you to an even surface. You are almost on the way to tiling your desired floor décor.
Things to be needed for floor leveling:
- Dry vacuum
- Measuring tape
- Painter tape
- Latex primer
- Roller brush
- Power drill
- Mixing tub
Floor Leveling compounds are not meant to increase the strength of the substrate. If it seems unsound by any chance, it should be reinforced before leveling.