Very flexible two part adhesive. Exceptional flexibility and superb bond. Designed for jobs were flexibility is critical. Suitable for commercial and high traffic tiling. Best choice for tiling onto timber or acoustic mat.
CLASSIFICATION / STANDARDS
C2 Improved” cementitious adhesive
S2 Highly deformable (flexible)
E Extended open time (>30 minutes)
- Superb flexibility
- Good acoustic properties
- Excellent bond
- Commercial grade
- Superior water resistance
- Whenever flexibility is vital
- Outdoors (balconies)
- Tile on timber
- Early age (green) screed render (1 day) and concrete (7 days)
- Fibre Cement
- Acoustic Mat
- Dampfix Gold Dampfix 3 Dampfix 2 and Dampfix
- Wall and Floor
- High Traffic
- Total Immersion
All moisture stable tile types. Suitable tiles include porcelain ceramic terracotta terrazzo glass and stone.
1. Make sure the substrate has been correctly installed according to relevant standards and manufacturer recommendations
2. Allow for minimum curing time for render and screeds (1 day) and concrete (7 days)
3. Remove all materials that will interfere with bond. These include oils grease wax release agents curing compounds dust and any loose material
4. Ensure surface is sound. All weak or friable material must be removed
5. Check the cleaned surface by applying a small amount of water. It will be easily absorbed if porous and bead on the surface if not
6. Treat porous surfaces with a suitable primer designed for the task
7. Most non-porous surfaces may be primed with Ultra NP Primer
8. If tiling over existing tiles abrade the surface and clean well before tiling
15kg powder mixes into 7.5 litres of Asaflex Liquid
1kg into 500ml of Asaflex Liquid
1.add liquid to bucket
2.mix powder into liquid with mechanical stirring
3.mix until smooth
4.allow to stand for 2 minutes before using
Always add the powder to the water. Use a drill with suitable mixing paddle designed for the task. Do not mix by hand. Use a low speed mixer (300rpm).
- Apply to the prepared substrate using a notched trowel. Use a 6mm notch for tiles up to 150x150mm a 10mm notch for up to 250x250mm and a 12mm notch for 300x300mm tiles. Tiles 400x400mm and larger should be back-buttered in addition to using a 12mm notched trowel
- Press tiles firmly into adhesive before it skins
- Apply only up to 1m² at a time to avoid skinning
- If skinned re-spread to expose wet adhesive
- Check that enough of the substrate and tile back are in contact with adhesive (usually at least 80% but higher for large format tiles)
- Discard any material that has hardened before use
- Allow adhesive to harden adequately before grouting
All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS3958.1-2007 and good workmanship practices
On site coverage will vary widely as it is dependant on a large number of variables. These include but are not limited to: application technique substrate texture wastage trowel angle trowel wear contact coverage and flatness. As such the following coverage is intended as a guide only such coverage given are inaccurate. It is advised that comparisons between products are based on the mixed volume.
When mixed bag yields 19 to 20 litres
Approximate Coverage (10mm trowel)
kg per m2 m2 per bag
Use a suitable ASA grout after the tiles appear firm. Modify grout with ASA Megalastic when tiling is over a flexible substrate or when improved water resistance is required
Remove using a wet cloth before the product hardens. If allowed to set it must be removed mechanically
3 hours at 22°C and 50% Relative humidity
<24 hours at 22°C and 50% Relative humidity
Pot life and setting time will be influenced by ambient conditions. Shorter pot life and setting times should be expected in warm or dry conditions. Extra care should be in warm or dry conditions to ensure the adhesive has not stiffened significantly before the tiles are applied. Ensure that the open time has not been exceeded. If in doubt discard unused product and prepare a fresh batch.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
12 Months when stored off the ground in a cool dry weatherproof environment.
Mixing ratio: 15kg into 7.5L Asaflex Liquid
Mixed S.G: 1.51
Appearance: White powder
Pot life: 1.5hrs 22°C and 50% RH
Set time: 3 4 hrs 22°C and 50%RH
Open time: > 30 mins 22°C and 50% RH
SCAQMD | VOC %: < 1
US RULE 1168 | VOC g/L: < 1
Tensile strength: > 1.0 MPa
After immersion: > 1.0 MPa
Heat ageing: > 1.0 MPa
Freeze/thaw: > 1.0 MPa
Transverse deformation: > 2.5mm 5mm
- All workmanship (including movement joints) must be carried out in accordance with AS3958.1-2007
- When fixing stone follow the recommendations in the Australian Stone Advisory Association (ASAA) Natural Stone Design Manual.
- Always read the entire Product Technical Datasheet before using
- Always refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) before using
- Only tile surfaces that are suitable. If in doubt check with substrate manufacturer
- Use only ambient conditions between 5 and 35°C. Do not use in windy or very low humidity conditions
- Uncured adhesive may wash-out if exposed to excessive moisture before curing adequately
- When tiling walls do not exceed 2.7m and always check that it will support the intended weight
- Not designed for direct bonding to solvent based polyurethane waterproofing membranes. If required to tile an area treated with this type of membrane special surface preparation is required. Contact ASA for further information
- Not designed for direct bonding to plastic or metal.
- Suspended concrete slabs must conform to AS3958.1-2007 for maximum deflection. Any post tensioned concrete slabs must be treated as a flexible substrate. For further information contact ASA
- When tiling directly onto waterproofing membranes check to ensure compatibility. If not already approved by in writing additional compatibility tests may be required.
- This product is not suitable for use with moisture sensitive stone tile or other materials.
- If considering tiling over paint it must be well bonded clean and sound. Abrade and clean enamel paints. Prime before tiling.
- This is a two part adhesive consisting of a powder and liquid that must be used together in the correct ratio. Powder or liquid substitutions or additions (including water) are not permitted
- When tiling directly onto timer always check with manufacturer that it is suitable to receive tiling and that it is correctly installed. Correct preparation must be carried out and may include sanding and special priming.
- When tiling directly onto timber ensure movement joints are designed and installed correctly to help accommodate movement and reduce pressures on tiling system. The use of a grout additive is recommended.
- May be used to bond up to 450x450mm tiles to existing tiles. Ensure existing tile surface is sound and clean. Remove all cracked drummy or otherwise unsound tiles and repair area appropriately. Due to the possible variables extra surface preparation may be required (including mechanical abrasion).
All workmanship (including movement joints) must be carried out in accordance with AS3958.1-2007
SEE THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.