A black-brown water based dispersions of bitumen and modifiers which dry to a black flexible and water insoluble coating. Bitkote No. 3 is suitable for general purpose repair and protection.
- Sealing of most timber metal brick concrete and cement sheeting surfaces against water entry.
- As a waterproofer to concrete water storage tanks ponds etc.
- Waterproofing The inside of concrete watertanks
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Cold applied easy to use and easy to clean up in cold water reduces time and equipment required to do the job.
- When dry Bitkote No. 3 has good resistance to water alcohol animal wastes most dilute salt acid and alkali solutions to last longer in demanding conditions.
- Bitkote No. 3 is water based odour free nonflammable and non-hazardous.
- Will not taint water if fully cured before use thus eliminating possible environmental hazards normally experienced with solvent based products.
- When dry Bitkote No. 3 will not flow under heat or harden at normal temperatures thus providing longer term protection from the Australian climate.
- In thick layers Bitkote No. 3 is an excellent impact absorber reducing sound and vibration e.g. on tin roofs.
- Bitkote No. 3 has been tested and approved by State Water Laboratory for Potable Water in accordance with AS 4020-1992.
- Ensure all surfaces are free of dirt greasedust loose paint and rust. Prepare old timber surfaces by sanding to a smooth surface.
- Prime metal and bituminous roofing surfaces by applying Bitumen Paint at 6 square metres per litre and allow to dry (approx. 4 hours at 250C).
- Prime masonry FC sheeting and concrete with Bitkote No. 3 diluted equal parts with water and allow to dry.
- Bitkote No. 3 may be applied by brush soft broom or roller.
- After the priming stage Bitkote No. 3 should be applied in two coats each of 1m2 / 05L allowing 24 hours drying between coats. In any one wet coat thickness of the film must not exceed 1mm. As a guide use of 1m2 / 0.5L gives an average wet film build of 0.5mm (which will dry to approximately 0.3-0.35mm thick). To avoid defects in the film the second coat should be brushed on at a 900 angle to the first coat.
- Timber surfaces e.g. fence timbers tank stands and sawn timbers do not need priming but may be protected by the application of at least 2 coats of Bitkote No. 3 at a maximum of 1mm. thickness per coat.
- Bitkote No. 3 is not a suitable method of waterproofing where hydrostatic pressure exists.
- The bitumen in Bitkote No. 3 is subject to attack by sunlight (ultra violet light) and as a consequence for best long term performance these products must be overcoated if used in areas exposed to sunlight. Allow four weeks before overcoating. Coatings recommended for protecting Bitkote No. 3 include:
-Ormonoid Silvershield a solvent-based bitumen paint imparting a bright silver finish.
– Or a water based acrylic coating system.
- If using Bitkote No. 3 to waterproof retaining walls or the like ensure the membrane is covered with fibreboard etc. prior to backfilling to prevent piercing of the membrane.
- Bitkote No. 3 is not classified as a dangerous good. Normal good work practices should apply
- during use e.g. the wearing of gloves and safety glasses.
- For a full MSDS or applications not mentioned please contact your ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd state office.
- Bitkote No. 3 cures by loss of moisture so this product should only be used where conditions allow adequate ventilation for drying.
- Do not apply Bitkote No. 3 at temperatures below 5oC.
- Allow Bitkote No 3 to cure for at least 10 days prior to filling water tanks. Also ensure an initial wash down with water after 10 days prior to filling the tank.
One 20L of Bitkote No. 3 will cover approximately 20m2 when applied at the rate of 1L / m2 (two coats each applied at the rate of 0.5L / m2). This will result in a dry film coating thickness of 600-700 microns (0.6-0.7mm).
Whilst wet clean all equipment in cold water. If material has dried use paint stripper to clean.
Available in 4 and 20 litre containers.
Bitkote No. 3 has shelf life of up to 12 months in unopened containers stored in a cool dry place.
Appearance: Black-Brown Paste
Solids Content: 64% w/w
Density: 0.92 kg per litre
Curing Time: 7-10days
The use of this product is beyond the manufacturers control and liability is restricted to the replacement of material proven faulty. The manufacturer is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from incorrect usage. All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS 3958.1 – 1991. The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate. No warranty is implied or given as to its completeness or accuracy in describing the performance or suitability of the product for a particular application. Users are asked to check that the literature in their possession is the latest issue.
There are no reviews yet.