A multi purpose bituminous product supplied in a paint consistency. Applicable as an adhesive primer coating or for tree surgery.
- To adhere Ormonoid bituminous roofing to concrete and timber surfaces.
- As a primer on concrete fibro metal and other porous surfaces prior to the application of bituminous products.
- For protection of exterior metal surfaces such as guttering downpipes water tanks troughs trailers car bodies and metal type roofing against corrosion.
- Sealing of tree wounds after pruning to prevent disease or vermin attack.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Easily spread and quick drying.
- Resistant to mild acids alkali moisture air and vermin.
- Will not harm trees when sealing wounds.
- an be overpainted with Silvershield or an oil based paint for U.V. protection and better appearance.
- Surfaces must be clean dry and free from grease oil wax or any loose contaminating material.
- New metal surfaces should be allowed to weather for a minimum of three months prior to coating.
- Over rusted surfaces it is essential to remove loose rust or scale wire brushing will do prior to coating.
- Stir contents thoroughly before and during use.
As an adhesive for roofing rolls:
- Apply sparingly by brush to both surfaces press to exclude any air pockets and to maximise adhesion.
As a Primer:
- Apply liberally with paintbrush or broom.
As a coating:
- Apply by brush roller or spray gun allow 24 hours between further coats if required.
As a tree sealer:
- Apply by brush directly to the affected area.
- Not suitable for use or as waterproofing membrane/coating.
- Do not use in exposed situations as U.V. rays can affect it. Therefore it must be overpainted with Ormonoid Silvershield.
- Precautions should be taken to avoid skin or eye contact or swallowing the product.
- Splashes or other accidental skin contact should be washed off immediately.
- Wear safety glasses overalls and impermeable gloves e.g. PVC.
- For a full MSDS contact your ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd state office.
- As an adhesive – approximately 4m2/L.
- As a primer – approximately 7m2/L.
- As a coating – approximately 7m2/L.
Mineral turps can be used to clean up excess Bitumen Paint and tools.
500ml 1 litre 4 litre 20 litre containers.
Approximately 12 months in unopened containers
stored in a cool dry place.
Appearance: A thin black liquid with a strong solvent odor
Solids Content: Above 35%
U.N. Number: 1993
Packaging Group: III
Dangerous Goods Class: 3
Poisons Schedule Number: 5
The use of this product is beyond the manufacturers control and liability is restricted to the replacement of material proven faulty. The manufacturer is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from incorrect usage. All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS 3958.1 – 1991. The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate. No warranty is implied or given as to its completeness or accuracy in describing the performance or suitability of the product for a particular application. Users are asked to check that the literature in their possession is the latest issue.