Duraseal Putty is a thick bitumen putty reinforced with tough inert fibres to produce superior strength. Duraseal Putty has a thick consistency and dries to form a thick waterproof surface.
- For repairing cracks and holes in most types of roofing material guttering downpipes flashings valleys and water tanks.
- Ideal for sealing laps on sheet roofing material cracks in concrete brickwork and the bedding in deck timber (marine).
- Can be used for sealing laps of Alcor dampcourse and flashing.
- Can also be used to form a coving where a concrete wall meets the floor such as in concrete water tanks.
- Can be used in conjunction with Ormonoid Brushable Waterproofer for waterproofing.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Water acid (mild) alkali (mild) and vermin resistance ensure longer lasting performance in a variety of applications.
- Applied cold directly from the container saving you any unnecessary wasted time in heating or mixing with solvents.
Surface must be dry clean and free from grease wax oil and any loose or other material which may inhibit adhesion of the putty. Remove loose rust and scale with a wire brush prior to application. Best results are obtained when the surface is dry.
- Apply using a putty knife.
- For large holes or cracks apply a coating of Duraseal Putty around the area to be repaired then embed a piece of fibreglass reinforced matting into the first coat then apply second coat.
- Flammable. Store in dry place away from open fires stoves and heaters. Keep lid firmly closed.
- Intended for external use only.
- For a full MSDS on Ormonoid Duraseal Putty contact your ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd state office.
Depending on application and porosity of surface 1kg will fill a joint 25mm x 25mm x 1.2m approximately.
Use mineral turps to clean up excess Duraseal Putty and tools.
Available in 1kg 4kg and 20kg containers. (It is also available in 300g cartridges – sold as Waterproofing Putty).
Up to 12 months in an unopened container stored in a cool dry place.
Flash Point: 370C
Specific Gravity: 1.3kg/L approx
Thinning: Not necessary
Packaging Group: III
The use of this product is beyond the manufacturers control and liability is restricted to the replacement of material proven faulty. The manufacturer is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from incorrect usage. All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS 3958.1 – 1991. The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate. No warranty is implied or given as to its completeness or accuracy in describing the performance or suitability of the product for a particular application. Users are asked to check that the literature in their possession is the latest issue.