Rubber modified flexible tile adhesive with high yield. Well suited to general tiling where flexibility is desired. Suitable for domestic and general tiling
CLASSIFICATION / STANDARDS
C1 Normal cementitious adhesive
S1 Deformable (flexible)
- General Purpose
- Versatile all rounder
- General tiling
- Where some flexibility is needed
- Screed and render
- Fibre Cement
- ASA Dampfix Gold ASA Dampfix 3 ASA Dampfix 2 and ASA Dampfix
- Wall and Floor
All moisture stable tile types. Suitable tiles include porcelain ceramic terracotta terrazzo glass and stone.
- Make sure the substrate has been correctly installed according to relevant standards and manufacturer recommendations
- Allow for minimum curing time for screeds (7 days) and concrete (28 days)
- Remove all materials that will interfere with bond. These include oils grease wax release agents curing compounds dust and any loose material
- Ensure surface is sound. All weak or friable material must be removed
- Check the cleaned surface by applying a small amount of water. It will be easily absorbed if porous and bead on the surface if not
- Treat porous surfaces with a suitable primer designed for the task
- Most non-porous surfaces may be primed with Bostik Ultra NP Primer
- Contact Bostik before commencing tiling if there is any doubt about required or suitable preparation.
20kg powder mixes into 5.5 to 6 litres of water
(1kg into 275 to 300ml of water)
- add water to bucket
- mix powder into water with mechanical stirring
- mix until smooth
- allow to stand for 2 minutes before using
Always add the powder to the water. Use a drill with suitable mixing paddle designed for the task. Do not mix by hand.
- Apply to the prepared substrate using a notched trowel. Use a 6mm notch for tiles up to 150x150mm a 10mm notch for up to 250x250mm and a 12mm notch for 300x300mm tiles. Tiles 400x400mm and larger should be back-buttered in addition to using a 12mm notched trowel
- Press tiles firmly into adhesive before it skins
- Apply only up to 1m² at a time to avoid skinning
- If skinned re-spread to expose wet adhesive
- Check that enough of the substrate and tile back are in contact with adhesive (usually at least 80% but higher for large format tiles)
- Discard any material that has hardened before use
- Allow adhesive to harden adequately before grouting
All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS3958.1-2007 and good workmanship practices
On site coverage will vary widely as it is dependant on a large number of variables. These include but are not limited to: application technique substrate texture wastage trowel angle trowel wear contact coverage and flatness. As such the following coverage is intended as a guide only. It is advised that comparisons between products are based on the mixed volume.
When mixed bag yields 17 to 18 litres
Approximate Coverage (10mm trowel)
kg per m2
m2 per bag
Use a suitable ASA grout after the tiles appear firm. Modify grout with Megalastic when tiling is over a flexible substrate or when improved water resistance is required
Remove using a wet cloth before the product hardens. If allowed to set it must be removed mechanically.
3hours at 22°C and 50% Relative humidity
<24hours at 22°C and 50% Relative humidity
Pot life and setting times will be influenced by ambient conditions. In warm or dry conditions shorter pot life and setting times should be expected and it will take longer when cool. Extra care should be in warm or dry conditions to ensure the adhesive has not stiffened significantly before the tiles are applied. Ensure that the open time has not been exceeded. If in doubt discard unused product and prepare a fresh batch
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
12 Months when stored off the ground in a cool dry weatherproof environment
Appearance: Off White Powder
Mixed S.G: 1.45
SCAQMD | VOC %: <1
US RULE 1168 | VOC g/L: <1
Mixing ratio: 20Kg into 5.5 6 L
Pot life: 3hrs 22°C and 50% RH
Set time: <24hrs 22°C and 50% RH
Open time: >20mins
Tensile strength:> 0.5 < 1.0MPa
After immersion:> 0.5 < 1.0MPa
Heat ageing:> 0.5 < 1.0MPa
Freeze/thaw:> 0.5 < 1.0MPa
Transverse deformation:> 2.5mm<5mm
- All workmanship (including movement joints) must be carried out in accordance with AS3958.1-2007
- When fixing stone follow the recommendations in the Australian Stone Advisory Association (ASAA) Natural Stone Design Manual.
- Always read the entire Product Technical Datasheet before using
- Always refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) before using
- Only tile surfaces that are suitable. If in doubt check with substrate manufacturer
- Use only ambient conditions between 5 and 35°C. Do not use in windy or very low humidity conditions
- Uncured adhesive may wash-out if exposed to excessive moisture before curing adequately
- When tiling walls do not exceed 2.7m and always check that it will support the intended weight
- Not designed for direct bonding to solvent based polyurethane waterproofing membranes. If required to tile an area treated with this type of membrane special surface preparation is required. Contact ASA/Bostik for further information
- Not designed for direct bonding to plastic or metal.
- Suspended concrete slabs must conform to AS3958.1-2007 for maximum deflection. Any post tensioned concrete slabs must be treated as a flexible substrate. For further information contact ASA/Bostik
- External and wet areas must have adequate falls and drainage. Do not allow water to pool or pond.
- Not suitable for immersion (e.g. pools or water features). Pooling /ponding water should be avoided.
- When tiling directly onto waterproofing membranes check to ensure compatibility. If not already approved by Bostik in writing additional compatibility tests may be required.
- This product is not suitable for use with moisture sensitive stone tile or other materials.
- If considering tiling over paint it must be well bonded clean and sound. Abrade and clean enamel paints. Prime before tiling.
- Do not use to tile directly onto timber plywood particleboard MDF or Masonite
- Not suitable for bonding directly to existing tiles
- Contact Bostik for advice before work starts if substrate or tile are unusual or non-traditional or if there is any uncertainty regarding suitability or preparation
SEE THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.