Davco F1 EXPRESS is a highly flexible single part cement based tile adhesive. Polymer modified for flexibility to withstand substrate movement from vibration and shrinkage. It is fast setting to allow same day grouting.
Australian Standard AS4992
Interior & exterior applications ? Wall and floor tiles ? Commercial and residential work ? Same day grouting ? Use over concrete cured in 7 days ? Use over screed cured in 24 hours ? Use with undertile heating ? Use over variety of substrates including rigid and flexible building board surfaces ? 15kg bag will cover approximately 5-12m2 depending on the size of the trowel used.
WHY USE DAVCO F1 EXPRESS?
Suitable for All Tile Types
Excellent adhesion properties make F1 Express suitable to use on a wide range of tiles such as porcelain ceramic vitrified mosaic terracotta slate quarry granite and marble with the exception of moisture sensitive stone such as green marble. Excellent Adhesion The superior adhesion properties of F1 Express make it ideal to use on plasterboard fibre cement sheet timber floor once a fibre cement sheet tile underlay is first installed compatible waterproofing membranes concrete (including new concrete cured in just 7 days) screeds (including new screed cured in just 24 hours) cement renders blockwork & brickwork (clay bricks must be rendered). Also ideal to use for with undertile heating.
Davco F1 Express has highly flexible properties in a one part powder form for simple mixing with water. Classified as an S2 according to AS4992 it is ideal for use on surfaces subject to movement such as fibre cement sheeting gyprock plaster and properly prepared timber and metal substrates (refer to Surface Preparation section). Same Day Grouting Curing in just 4-5 hours (over a fully cured porous surface at 20oC) Davco F1 Express helps complete projects faster saving time and money.
Water Resistant Bond
Use for reliable laying of tiles in bathrooms and wet areas as well as outdoor spaces where moisture is expected (not for permanently immersed situations).
- Davco F1 EXPRESS can be used on both walls and floors in interior and exterior applications.
- Davco F1 EXPRESS can be used to fix tiles onto concrete new concrete cured in 7 days screed/render cured in 24hours blockwork rendered brickwork plasterboard fibre cement sheeting wooden floors with fibre cement sheet tile underlay properly prepared metal decks (see Surface Preparation) and compatible waterproofing membranes.
- Davco F1 EXPRESS is also suitable for use with undertile heating.
- Davco F1 EXPRESS is recommended for the thin or thick bed fixing of all types of porcelain ceramic vitrified mosaic terracotta slate quarry granite and marble with the exception of moisture sensitive stone such as green marble.
- F1 EXPRESS dries to a grey colour. When using F1 EXPRESS with translucent / absorbent tiles the colour of the adhesive must be considered.
- All surfaces must be structurally sound dry clean and free from movement oil grease wax curing compounds and any other loose or contaminating materials.
- All concrete surfaces must have a wood float finish. Steel trowel finished concrete must be mechanically abraded & thoroughly vacuum cleaned. Old concrete must be thoroughly cleaned by mechanical abrasion where necessary. New concrete must be allowed to cure for 7 days and should have a wood float finish. Make sure all release agents are removed from concrete surfaces especially on tilt-up slabs.
- All rendered / screeded surfaces must have a wood float finish. New rendered / screeded surfaces must be allowed to cure for at least 24 hours. Old rendered / screeded surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned prior to tiling.
- Painted surfaces must be scabbled/abraded to expose at least 80% of the original substrate.
- All building boards must be firmly fixed according to the manufacturers instructions and the relevant Australian Standard(s). Timber floors must be sheeted over with a fibre cement sheet prior to installation of tiles to isolate the installation from excessive movement.
- Metal surfaces should be abraded to remove any rust or mill scale and then primed with a suitable metal etching primer. Davco Ultrabond should then be applied prior to the installation of the tiling system with Davco F1 Express. Refer to the Davco Ultrabond datasheet for details on its use.
- In general all porous substrates (including fibre cement and other building boards) must initially be primed using Davco Ultraprime. Non-porous substrates should ideally be mechanically abraded and then primed with Davco Ultraprime. For situations where this is not practicable contact the Technical Advice Line.
- In floor heating applications undertile heating must be correctly fixed according to the manufacturers instruction and relevant Australian Standards. It is advisable to use high quality underlayment system such as Lanko 133 Pro Level in conjunction with Lanko 753 Acrylic Additive (gauge 1:2 with water 1 part Lanko 753: 2 part water) then prime with Lanko 124 Ultraprime / Davco Ultraprime before applying the adhesive as normal.
Movement joints must be installed as stipulated by AS3958 Guide to the Installation of Ceramic Tiles. Failure to do so may result in drummy or lifting tiles. Movement joints should be provided as follows:
- Over movement joints in the background.
- At a junction between different background materials.
- At fixtures interrupting the tile surface e.g. columns.
- At internal vertical corners.
- Around the perimeter of the tiling system.
- At a maximum of 5 metre intervals in a grid pattern.
Note: Movement joints should go right through the tile adhesive bed to the background and be kept free from dirt and adhesive droppings. Movement joints must not be less than 6mm nor greater than 10mm wide. All movement joints that are 6mm wide can be filled with Davco Sanitized® Colorcaulk. For wider applications use Davco Davsil or polysulphide and polyurethane type fillers. CODE EAN number DESCIPTION SIZE PALLET QTY 1401215 9312095 004193 F1 EXPRESS 15KG 64
- The mixing ratio is 15kg of Davco F1 EXPRESS to approximately 5.0-5.5 litres of clean potable water.
- Place the water into a bucket and add the F1 EXPRESS while constantly mixing with a drill and paddle.Mix until a thick creamy consistency is achieved.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes remix then use the adhesive.
Tiles must be installed as stipulated by AS3958.1 Guide to the installation of Ceramic Tiles.
An appropriate amount of adhesive must be used to ensure an adequate bed depth and adhesive coverage.
Suggested trowel sizes:
Tile — Trowel
Wall tiles up to 150 x 150mm. : 6mm
Wall / Floor tiles larger than 150 x 150mm: 10mm
Large tiles 400 x 400mm or larger: 12mm
Mosaic tiles: 6mm
- It is required that tiles larger than 400 x 400mm must be back buttered before placement. This is required to ensure adequate adhesive coverage and a better bond.
- Spread only as much adhesive as can be used within the open time considering the effect of the local environmental conditions. Ensure that the adhesive does not skin over before bedding the tiles.
- Press tiles firmly into position and make sure that all the tiles are well bedded with no voids in the adhesive.
- Occasionally lift a tile after placing to check that the coverage is adequate (90 100% coverage).
- After laying do not disturb or allow light foot traffic on the tiles for at least 6 hours (at 20oC).
Grouting can be carried out 4-5 hours after the tiling.
Joint Width — Grout
1 6 mm: Davco Sanitized® Colorgrout
6 12 mm: Davco Slate & Quarry Grout
1 -3 mm: Davco Sanitized® Porcelain Grout
- Davco 4-in-1 Grout Additive may be used to increase grout flexibility and water resistance. It should always be used when grouting over fibre cement sheeted floors to reduce cracking or powdering.
- Wait 24 hours after grouting before putting the area into dry service and 3 days for wet service.
- Refer to the appropriate Product Datasheet for more detailed grouting information.
- Do not apply in temperatures above 350C or below 50C.
- Do not mix more material than can be used within the pot life of the product. If material in bucket starts to stiffen do not add extra water. Discard stiffening material.
- Do not allow the adhesive to skin prior to laying the tiles. If the adhesive skins remove and dispose of it then re-apply fresh adhesive.
- Allow for longer curing time when tiling over waterproofing membrane or with very low porosity tiles.
- Do not use F1 Express for the tiling of areas where continuous immersion occurs i.e. swimming pools spas etc.
- Contact ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd for more advice if considering using in areas or onto surfaces not described in this document.
- Davco F1 EXPRESS contains cement which is alkaline and can cause dermatitis. It is recommended that applicators wear PVC or similar gloves and safety goggles.
- Being cement based F1 Express is alkali in nature which can cause dermatitis. It is recommended that applicators wear PVC or similar gloves and safety goggles. Always read the MSDS before using. Contact ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd or visit the website for copies.
A 15kg bag of Davco F1 EXPRESS will cover approximately 5-12m2 depending on the size of the trowel used.
- Avoid letting excessive adhesive dry as it is easiest to remove when it is fresh.
- Remove wet product with a damp cloth.
- Clean tools and equipment with water.
- If allowed to dry it will need to be removed mechanically or using a suitable acid based product. In some cases these methods can affect the tile and should be avoided whenever possible.
PACKAGING & SHELF LIFE
Davco F1 EXPRESS is available in 15kg bags. The shelf life is up to 12 months when stored unopened in elevated cool and dry conditions.
Appearance: Off White Powder
Bulk Density: ~0.95 kg/L
Open Time at 200C (primed surface): 40 minutes
Adjustment Time at 20oC: 30 minutes
Pot Life at 20oC: 1 hour
Ready for Grouting at 200C: 4-5 hours
Ready for Service at 100C-200C: 24 hours
Ready for wet area service: 3 days
The use of this product is beyond the manufacturers control and liability is restricted to the replacement of material proven faulty. The manufacturer is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from incorrect usage. All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS 3958.1.
The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate. No warranty is implied or given as to its completeness or accuracy in describing the performance or suitability of the product for a particular application. Users are asked to check that the literature in their possession is the latest issue.