ASA Self Levelling Compound is a rigid hard-setting self levelling; polymer modified cementitious underlay which has been specially formulated to achieve a smooth fl at surface prior to tiling and waterproofing. Ideal for smoothing most floors prior to the application of ceramic tiles. Suitable for use with under floor heating coils.
- Easy to mix and apply
- Will not crack or shrink
- Long open time
- Self smoothing and self hardening
- Suitable for use from feather edge to 100mm in on application
- Can be walked on after 2 hours
- Tile after 3 hours
- Cement screeds
- Over existing tiles
- Particleboard flooring
- Compressed fibrous cement sheeting
Surfaces must be firm clean dry sound and smooth. All grease oil wax curing compounds dust plaster droppings and paint must be removed prior to the application of levelling compound. All foreign material must be removed from the floor prior to the application of ASA Self Levelling Compound. This is best achieved by mechanical means whether by scabbling grinding or shot blasting. All porous substrates must be primed using ASA Multiprime with very porous floors needing a second coat of ASA Multiprime. ASA Multiprime shall be applied to the correctly prepared substrate using a broom or brush. Do not prime particleboard flooring.
ASA Self Levelling Compound requires exactly 4.3 litres of clean water per 20kg bag. Mixing must be carried out using a mechanical mixer and high shear mixing paddle designed for the task.
1.add exact amount of water to clean pail
2.mix powder into water with mechanical stirring
3.mix until correct consistency is achived
Always add the powder to the water. U se a drill with suitable high shear mixing paddle designed for the task. Do not mix by hand.
1. Pour the correctly mixed ASA Self Levelling Compound onto the prepared substrate and allow it to find its own level.
2. To ensure a uniform consistency and continuous flow it is advisable that subsequent mixes are ready once the previous pour has been laid until the entire area is levelled.
3. Do not allow traffic on the area until the area has hardened.
All workmanship must be carried out in accordance relevant standards and good workmanship practices
On site coverage will vary widely as it is dependant on a large number of variables. These include but are not limited to: application technique substrate texture wastage thickness variations and surface planarity. As such the following coverage is intended as a guide only such coverage given are inaccurate. It is advised that comparisons between products are based on the mixed volume.
- 20kg of ASA Self Levelling Compound will produce 13 litres of mixed product.
- This will cover 13m² at 1mm thickness
TILE ADHESIVE RECOMMENDATIONS
The most suitable adhesive will depend on the job requirements. Compatible adhesives include ASA Asaflex ASA Conflex ASA Maxiflex ASA Ultra Mastik and ASA Superglue.
Clean tools and equipment with warm water and detergent prior to product curing. Cured product may require mechanical removal.
20 minutes at 22°C and 50%RH
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
Unopened bags can be stored for up to 12 months in a cool dry and weatherproof environment. Bags must be
stored off the floor.
20kg paper bags
- Always measure water and do not exceed dose rate.
- Do not use in external applications
- Always mix mechanically using a drill fitted with a high shear paddle
- Do not use in areas with constant water contact
- Minimum thickness over particleboard flooring is 3mm
- Use only ambient conditions between 5 and 35°C. Do not use in windy or very low humidity conditions
- Concrete substrate must be at least 28 days old
All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with relevant standards and good workmanship practices
SEE THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
There are no reviews yet.