ARDEX WPM 115 (Shelterbit Vented Base Sheet) is an A.P.P (Atactic Polypropylene Plastomeric) type modified bitumen membrane vented base sheet consisting of a specially formulated bituminous compound of distilled asphalt modified with selected high grade visco-elastic polymers.
A protective heat sensitive polythene film covers both surfaces of the vented Base Sheet.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
ARDEX WPM 115:
- Is a specially designed perforated base-sheet for use in a multi-layer waterproofing system.
- Virtually eliminates bubbles and blisters forming underneath the waterproofing layer.
- Allows vapour permeating through the deck to diffuse underneath the waterproofing where ideally aerators will be installed to allow the vapour to escape to atmosphere.
- Eliminates the creation of stresses in the waterproofing layers thus greatly reducing failures in the waterproofing caused by deck movements.
- Is the ideal solution for controlled partially attached first layer in a multi-layer system.
The application of ARDEX Torch Applied Membranes should be carried out by an accredited applicator.
Installation shall be strictly in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations.
Acceptable substrates to which ARDEX Torch Applied Membranes is to be installed must be properly prepared prior to membrane installation.
ARDEX Torch Applied Membranes may be used in various combinations to produce a variety of specifications tailored to suit the individual waterproofing need.
The exact specification will depend on functional and economic requirements. Advice should be sought for suitable specification from ARDEX.
ARDEX WPM 115 is hazardous; non-dangerous goods.However during installation exercise caution whenworking with open flame. Examine all surfaces to whichthe flame has been applied for smouldering or burningconditions.
Do not use open flame on or near highly combustiblematerials. Follow all local fire codes.
All rolls of ARDEX Torch Applied Membranes should bestored in a covered area protected against sunlight andUV radiation. Rolls should be stored in a vertical positionon a smooth floor so as not to damage the edges.