Tasman SLATE SEAL Gloss or Satin is a clear solvent based acrylic sealer. It has been UV
stabilised to ensure your slate has the best possible protection against the sun’s harmful rays.
Tasman SLATE SEAL is suitable for both commercial and domestic slate areas unglazed
terracotta quarry tiles paving bricks most interior and exterior applications such as
kitchens family rooms hearths bathrooms shower recesses patios and pool surrounds.
Tasman SLATE SEAL will prevent staining and allow low cost maintenance with NO
STRIPPING ever. To reseal or touch-up simply cover worn areas as needed.
Note: Newly laid areas need approximately 2-4 weeks to allow mortar and grout to cure
and dry prior to sealing (depending on weather conditions).
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
WARNING: Ensure good ventilation to dispense solvent vapours. Keep away from naked
1. Surface to be sealed must be thoroughly clean and dry – free of grease oil paint acid
efflorescence loose flakes of slate and traces of grout.
2. Prior to sealing allow cleaned area to dry for at least 24 hours (depending on weather
3. Surfaces previously sealed with slate sealers other than Tasman Slate Seal must have all
traces of old sealer and polish completely removed with suitable strippers. Surfaces
polished with Tasman Slate Finish must be stripped with Tasman Ripper Stripper.
4. Do not seal hot surfaces – all surfaces must be cool.
5. Tasman SLATE SEAL is applied neat using a clean paint brush or lambswool applicator.
If using a roller ensure air bubbles are not induced in the wet film which may remain
after seal has dried. To avoid the collection of puddles work in small areas applying two
thin coats of Tasman SLATE SEAL allowing not less than 4 hours between coats.
6. Full curing will take up to 24 hours and traffic should be restricted as much as possible
during this time. However surfaces may be lightly walked upon after 2 hours.
7. Brushes may be cleaned in Tasman SLATE SEAL SOLVENT or softened by soaking in
Tasman SLATE SEAL 10-15 minutes prior to use.
DO NOT USE MINERAL TURPENTINE ETC. UNDER ANY
8. To maintain your seal in dry heavy traffic areas use Tasman SLATE FINISH.
1 litre will cover approximately 8-10m² with two coats.