A bright white unsanded grout suitable for internal wall tiling. Very well suited for use in bathrooms kitchens and laundries or whenever a very white smooth wall grout is needed.
CLASSIFICATION / STANDARDS AS4992 CG1
The grout joints should be clean and dry. The joints should have a minimum depth of 2mm. Any excess adhesive must be removed from the joints. For porous tiles it may be necessary to dampen the joints prior to applying grout.
Add 250mL potable water into a clean mixing container. Add approximately 1kg of grout powder into the water with continuous mixing until a thick toothpaste consistency is achieved. Let stand for 2 minutes then re-stir before using. Use ASA Megalastic as a total water replacement if improved water resistance or flexibility is required. This would be needed when the tiling is over flexible substrates (such as fibre cement).
Always add the powder to the water. When mixing large amounts use a drill with suitable mixing paddle designed for the task.
1. Apply the mixed grout with a rubber squeegee. Work well into the joints.
2. Allow the grout to become firm in the joint. Avoid washing off too early as the grout will not have enough strength to resist pulling out of the joint. As an indication grout is ready to wash off only when the grout in the mixing bucket is stiff.
3. Wash off excess grout from the face of the tiles with a damp (not wet) sponge when the grout joint has firmed.
4. Remove grout haze from the face of the tile by polishing off with a soft cloth after the joints are dry.
ASA White Smooth Grout is only recommended for joints up to 3mm wide. For wider joints use ASA Coloured Grout (White is colour number 51). Clean up can be made easier if a small amount of methylated spirits is added to the wash up water (eg 1 cup into 20 litres water).Take care to ensure that the minimum amount of water is used during clean-up. Excessive washing can cause the grout to be washed out or to become weakened.
All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS3958-2007 and good workmanship practices
1kg of grout will cover approximately 2.5m² at 1.5mm joints. Refer to coverage chart for more details. Grout coverage will vary depending on installation conditions and technique. Always allow 10 15% extra to account for wastage.
Clean tools and equipment with warm water and detergent prior to the product drying. POT LIFE 2 hours at 22°C and 50%RH. Do not add additional water after initial mixing. If product stiffens remix to restore workability. Discard and mix a fresh batch if the material remains stiff after remixing.
24 hours at 22°C and 50%RH. PACKAGING 20 and 10kg paper bags 5kg and 2kg plastic bags. STORAGE & SHELF LIFE Unopened bags can be stored for up to 12 months in a cool dry and weatherproof environment. Bags must be stored off the floor.
Appearance:White powder Bulk density:1.2 g/cm3 Mixing ratio:20kg into 5L water Pot life:2 hrs at 22°C and 50%RH Mixed SG:1.65 g/cm3
Mixed with Water
Compressive strength: 18.2 N/mm2
Flexural strength: 4.5 N/mm2
Shrinkage: 1.2 mm/m
- Only suitable for internal wall joints up to 3mm
- Not intended for use externally or on floors
- Always install expansion and isolation joints appropriate for the job. Do not grout directly against building elements that will expand and contract at different rates (eg wall junctions)
- Ensure existing joints in the substrate are carried through the tiling system.
- This product is not suitable for use as an expansion joint and so will not replace the need for specialised movement joint materials.
- Use the minimum quantity of water when cleaning grout off tiles. Avoid excessive water use as this can wash out the grout or weaken the overall grout strength (by lowering the water to cement ratio).
- Never retemper mixed grout with additional water. If grout stiffens in the bucket remix only. Discard and replace with a fresh batch if paste remains stiff after remixing.
- When grouting porous faced tiles (such as unglazed terracotta) take care to ensure the grout does not absorb into the face of the tile. Page 2 of 3 Page 3 of 3 White Smooth Grout
- Very porous tiles may cause the grout to dry out prematurely. To limit this dampen the grout joints immediately before grouting ensuring they are damp but not wet. Alternatively seal the edges of the tiles with Megalastic (or similar suitable product). Take care to ensure all excess liquid is removed before grouting.
All workmanship (including movement joints) must be carried out in accordance with AS3958-2007
SEE THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.