1 PART RAPID
Davco 1 Part Rapid Tile Adhesive is a high performance rapid set adhesive formulated to adhere tiles and stone material to various wall and floor substrates.
Australian Standard AS4992-2004
When mixed with a 1:1 gauge mixture of Davco Davelastic
WHY USE DAVCO 1 PART RAPID?
Interior & Exterior applications ? Wall tiles ? Floor tiles in high traffic areas such as schools offices & restaurants ? Tile on tile applications ? Residential & commercial work ? Tiling jobs where areas need to be back in service within a short period of time ? When modified with Davco Davelastic (dilute 1:1 with water) it is suitable to use on highly flexible building boards screed cured for 24 hours and undertile heating ? 20kg bag will cover approximately 5-8m2 depending on the size of the trowel used.
You can trust that the job will last. Perfect bonding on all types of tiles such as porcelain ceramic vitrified mosaic terracotta slate quarry granite and marble (excluding moisture sensitive stone & translucent tiles).
Fast return to service can grout after 3-4 hours.
Ideal to use on concrete cement renders screeds blockwork rendered brickwork fibre cement wall sheets and compatible waterproofing membranes and correctly installed compressed fibre cement sheet floor systems that have been approved for tiling.
When combined with Davco Davelastic the physical properties become flexible and can be used on flexible building boards such as plasterboards screed cured in 24hours undertile heating and timber floors provided that a fibre cement sheet tile underlay is first installed.
VOC Content Test Certificate
Low VOC – Specification for V2 IEQ-13 V1.1 IEQ-11 and V3 IEQ-13
Easy to trowel and with extended open time of 30min which provides greater fixing efficiency over larger areas therefore increasing productivity.
Excellent Pot Life
The mixed mortar remains useable in a container for up to 1hour & 20min at 20oC prolonging its usefulness reducing wastage and saving you money.
DESCIPTION:1 PART RAPID
- Davco 1 PART RAPID is intended for use on floors in interior and exterior applications especially for floors in high traffic areas.
- Davco 1 PART RAPID is also suitable for wall tiles.
- Davco 1 PART RAPID is a high bond strength adhesive. Its fast setting properties makes it well suited for tiling jobs where the floor needs to be in service within a short time of being laid.
- Davco 1 PART RAPID is suitable for use on top of existing tiles and stone materials as long as they are properly prepared and new tiles are less than 30 x 30cm. For larger format tiles use Davco 2 Part Rapid.
- Walls – Davco 1 PART RAPID can be used to fix tiles onto concrete cement renders blockwork rendered brickwork fibre cement sheet (wall only) and compatible waterproofing membranes.
- Floors – Davco 1 PART RAPID can be used to fix tiles on concrete cement screeds correctly installed compressed fibre cement sheet floor systems that have been approved for tiling and compatible waterproofing membranes.
- When modified with Davco Davelastic (diluted 1:1 with water) it can be used for fixing tiles onto highly flexible building boards such as plasterboard screed/render cured for 24 hours at 20oC and timber floors provided that a fibre cement sheet tile underlay is first installed. This system is also suitable for undertile heating.
- Davco 1 PART RAPID is recommended for the fixing of all types of ceramic mosaic vitrified porcelain terracotta slate quarry granite and marble tiles not subject to high deformation or sudden staining due to water absorption. Contact ParexDavco state office if further information is required.
- All surfaces must be structurally sound dry clean and free from movement oil grease wax curing compounds and any other loose or contaminating materials.
- Painted surfaces must be scabbled / abraded to expose at least 80% of the original substrate.
- Newly rendered/screeded surfaces must be allowed to cure for at least 24 hours and have a wood float finish.
- All building boards must be firmly fixed according to the manufacturers instructions and the relevant Australian Standard(s).
- Old rendered/screeded surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned prior to tiling and have a wood float finish.
- New concrete must be allowed to cure for 6 weeks and should have a wood float finish.
- Steel trowel finished concrete must be acid etched or mechanically abraded prior to tiling.
- Old concrete surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned prior to tiling.
- Make sure all release agents are removed from concrete surfaces especially on tilt-up slabs.
- Porous/dusty surfaces (including fibre cement and other building boards) must initially be primed using Davco Ultraprime.
- Existing tiles should be structurally sound clean dry and free from oil grease wax curing compounds and any other loose or contaminating materials. Ensure the new tiles are also clean and dry before fixing. Tiling over existing tiles is not recommended in immersed applications such as swimming pools etc. Man made stones such as Terrazzo (natural stone chips put together with a mixture of cement and resin) are required to be mechanically ground or scabbled and primed with Davco Ultraprime.
- In floor heating undertile heating must be correctly fixed according to the manufacturers instruction and relevant Australian Standards. It is advisable to use a high quality underlayment system such as Lanko 133 in conjunction with Lanko 753 Acrylic Additive (gauge 1:2 with water 1 part Lanko 753: 2 part water) then prime with Lanko 124 before applying the adhesive as normal.
Movement joints must be installed as stipulated by AS3958.1:2007 Guide to the Installation of Ceramic Tiles. Failure to do so may result in drummy or lifting tiles. Movement joints should be provided as follows:
- Over movement joints in the background.
- At a junction between different background materials.
- At fixtures interrupting the tile surface e.g. columns.
- At internal vertical corners.
- Around the perimeter of the tiling system.
- At a maximum of 5 metre intervals in a grid pattern.
Note: Movement joints should go right through the tile adhesive bed to the background and be kept free from dirt and adhesive droppings. Movement joints must not be less than 6mm nor greater than 10mm wide. All movement joints that are 6mm wide can be filled with Davco Sanitized® Colorcaulk. For wider applications use Davco Davsil or polysulphide and polyurethane type fillers.
It is most important that when using Davco 1 PART RAPID to always use a clean bucket and drill mixers when mixing even between batches. For proper dispersion always add the powder to the liquid.
- Mix mechanically with a drill and paddle. Do not mix by hand.
- The mixing ratio is 20kg of Davco 1 PART RAPID powder with 5.5 litres of water.
- When using with Davco Davelastic prepare a gauged mixture of 1:1 Davelastic and water (approximately 3L each) and use this mixture instead of just water.
- Place the liquid in the clean bucket and add powder to the liquid mixing until it has a creamy consistency without any lumps.
Tiles must be installed as stipulated by AS3958.1:2007 Guide to the installation of Ceramic Tiles.
An appropriate amount of adhesive must be used to ensure an adequate bed depth and adhesive coverage.
Suggested trowel sizes:
Wall tiles up to 150 x 150mm. : 6mm
Wall / Floor tiles larger than 150 x 150mm: 10mm
Large tiles 400 x 400mm or larger: 12mm
Mosaic tiles: 6mm
- It is required that tiles larger than 400 x 400mm be back buttered before placement. This is required to ensure adequate adhesive coverage and a better bond.
- Do not exceed the open time of the adhesive (ensure adhesive does not skin before bedding the tile).
- Press tiles firmly into position and make sure that all the tiles are well bedded with no voids in the adhesive.
- Occasionally lift a tile after placing to check that the coverage is adequate and that the beads are being adequately compressed (90 100% coverage).
- 2m2 of adhesive may be spread onto an adequately primed surface at any one time.
- After laying do not disturb or allow light foot traffic on the tiles for at least 3-4 hours (at 20oC).
- Grouting can be carried out 3-4 hours after the tiling.
- Suitable Grouts:
1 6 mm: Davco Sanitized® Colorgrout
6 12 mm: Davco Slate & Quarry Grout
1 -3 mm: Davco Sanitized® Porcelain Grout
- Davco 4-in-1 Grout Additive may be used to increase grout flexibility and water resistance. It should always be used when grouting over fibre cement sheeted floors to reduce cracking or powdering.
- Wait 24 hours after grouting before putting the area into dry service and 3 days for wet service.
- Refer to the appropriate Product Datasheet for more detailed grouting information.
- Do not apply Davco 1 PART RAPID in temperatures above 350C or below 50C.
- Always use a clean bucket and drill mixer when mixing. Ensure to wash the bucket and drill mixer between batches. Pot life will be reduced if the bucket and drill mixer are not cleaned.
- Do not allow the adhesive to skin prior to laying the tiles. If the adhesive skins remove and dispose of it then re-apply fresh adhesive.
- For other uses or the use of Davco 1 PART RAPID in situations not mentioned in these instructions contact your ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd state office.
- Being cement based Davco 1 PART RAPID is alkali in nature which can cause dermatitis. It is recommended that applicators wear PVC or similar gloves and safety goggles.
- For a full MSDS on this product contact your ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd state office or visit the ParexDavco website at www.parexdavco.com.au.
A 20kg bag of 1 PART RAPID will cover approximately 5-8m2 depending on the size of the trowel used.
- Avoid letting excessive adhesive dry as it is easiest to remove when it is fresh.
- Remove wet product with a damp cloth.
- Clean tools and equipment with water.
- If allowed to dry it will need to be removed mechanically or using a suitable acid based product. In some cases these methods can affect the tile and should be avoided whenever possible.
PACKAGING & SHELF LIFE
1 PART RAPID is sold in a 20 kg bag. The shelf life is up to 6 months when stored unopened in elevated cool and dry conditions.
Appearance: — Grey Powder
Bulk Density: ~1.5 kg/L
Open Time at 200C (primed surface): 30 minutes
Adjustment Time at 20oC: ~20 minutes
Pot Life at 20oC: 1 hour 20 minutes
Grouting at 20oC: 3-4 hours
Light Foot Traffic at 20oC: 3-4 hours
Ready for Service at 100-200C: 24 hours
Wet Area Service: 3 days