ASA Grout Additive is a water-based acrylic liquid developed to increase the strength of the grout enhance the colour and make the grout flexible. The acrylic polymer contained in ASA Grout Additive reduces the porosity of the grout making it easier to clean and will also reduce the growth of mould on the surface of the grout.
- Reduces porosity of grout
- Reduces staining
- Enhances colour
- Increases flexibility
- Grout becomes more stain resistant
- Reduces mould growth
- ASA Colored Grout
- ASA Sanded Grout
- ASA Smooth White Grout
All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS3958-2007 and good workmanship practices
Clean tools and equipment with warm water and detergent prior to product drying.
Spills and splashes should be cleaned up immediately using wet rags and water. Avoid leaving for prolonged periods especially if spilled onto porous surfaces. When mixed with grout any excess can be removed from the surface of the tiles using a damp rag.
Grout haze clean-up can be made easier by mixing a small amount of methylated spirits into the cleaning water. As a guide use 1 cup of methylated spirits into 15 litres of water.
1 hour at 22°C and 50%RH.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
Unopened containers can be stored for up to 12 months in a cool dry and weatherproof environment. Do not allow product to freeze.
20 5 and 1 litre jerry cans.
Appearance: White liquid
Specific gravity: 1.02 g/cm3
Mixing ratio: Water replacement in cementitious tile grouts
Pot life:1 Hour at 22°C and 50%RH
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES WHEN MIXED WITH ASA GROUTS
ASA Coloured Grout: 38.5 N/mm2
ASA Smooth White: Grout22.4 N/mm2
ASA Sanded Grout: 36.8 N/mm2
ASA Coloured Grout: 11.4 N/mm2
ASA Smooth White Grout: 6.9 N/mm2
ASA Sanded Grout: 8.7 N/mm2
ASA Coloured Grout:1.3 mm/m
ASA Smooth White Grout:1.3 mm/m
ASA Sanded Grout: 0.8 mm/m
Water absorption after 30 minutes:
ASA Coloured Grout:0.4g
ASA Smooth White Grout:0.6g
ASA Sanded Grout: 0.5g
Water absorption after 240 minutes:
ASA Coloured Grout:1.1g
ASA Smooth White Grout:1.1g
ASA Sanded Grout: 1.1g
Classification (as per AS4992.4)
ASA Coloured Grout:CG2
ASA Smooth White Grout:CG1
ASA Sanded Grout: CG2
- This product is designed to be used as a total water replacement in cement based grouts. Do not dilute.
- Although flexibility and strength will be increased when using this additive. Expansion and isolation joints are still required to accommodate normal building as well as thermal movement.
- Do not add any liquid (including water) to grout after initial mixing. Discard any grout that has visibly stiffened and remain so even after additional mixing.
- Always follow mixing ratios and grout use as per the relevant grout Technical Datasheet.
All workmanship (including movement joints) must be carried out in accordance with AS3958-2007
SEE THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.