Additive used to upgrade performance of cement based tile adhesives grouts screed and other similar systems. Improves adhesion flexibility and water resistance but maintains workability open time and pot life. Suitable for outdoor use and full immersion.
- Improves performance
- Does not make adhesives / grout sticky
- Maintains open time and smooth trowel feel
- Maintains smooth trowel feel
- Improves water resistance
- Improves flexibility
- Increasing adhesive or grout performance
- Immersed installations
- General purpose additive for cement based systems
- Adhesives: ASA Fixall ASA Superfixall ASA Superfixall White ASA Prontofix ASA Ultra Mastik
- Grouts: ASA Coloured Grout ASA Sanded Grout & ASA Smooth White Grout
PREPARATION AND USE
- 2 parts ASA Megalastic mixed with 3 parts cement.
- Apply slurry to substrate and install Megalastic modified mortar while slurry is still wet.
- If required tiles can either be carried out immediately or an appropriate tile adhesive may be used after the screed has cured.
Tile Adhesives and Grouts
Generally used as a total water replacement. Follow instructions / advice on product literature.
Sand Cement Systems (eg Screeds): May be used neat or diluted into 2 3 parts water as required. Use neat or with low dilution when highest performance is required.
20 litre 5 litre and 1 litre plastic jerry cans
ASA Megalastic can be removed from the surface of the tiles using a damp cloth while the product is still wet. A small amount of methylated spirits in wash-up water (1 cup into 20L water) can aid cleaning. Avoid spilling onto porous surfaces otherwise wash off immediately with water. When mixed with cement based systems wash off with water while still soft. When cured mixed product may require mechanical removal.
Appearance: White thin liquid
Non volatile mass: 30%
Specific gravity: 1.02 g/cm
TYPICAL PROPERTIES (28 days)
Proprietary Adhesives and Grouts
Refer to relevant product literature
Compressive strength: 10 N/mm2
Flexural strength: 5 N/mm2
Pot life: 1 hour at 22°C and 50%RH
Compressive strength: 15 N/mm2
Flexural strength: 5.5 N/mm2
Pot life: 1 hour at 22°C and 50% RH
Note: Properties are given as an indication only. Actual properties are very dependant on mixing ratios installation and curing.
Unopened containers can be stored for up to 12 months in a cool dry and weatherproof environment. Do not allow contents to freeze.
- Designed for use on suitable and a adequately prepared surfaces
- Always check with substrate manufacturer when using on proprietary building products
- For tile adhesives and grouts: follow product literature
- When using with simple sand/cement systems only use on concrete cement render blockwork and brickwork.
- Most suitable mixing ratios for sand/cement systems and dilution rates must be determined by suitable testing and trials.
- Note that most sand/cement mixing ratios assume that the sand is dry. Adjustments will be required to compensate for sand moisture levels absorption and other physical properties.
All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with relevant building standards and good workmanship practices.
SEE THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
There are no reviews yet.