Davco K10 PLUS flexible single pack water based polyurethane waterproofing membrane. Davco K10 Plus is capable of drying in approx. 6-8 hours @ 20oC depending on the number of coats required.
AS/NZS 4858 WET AREA MEMBRANE
Certified: Class III
CSIRO Appraisal Test Report Number: 3082
BRANZ Appraisal Test No.:
No. 608 External Waterproofing membrane
No. 609 Wet Area Membrane
WHY USE DAVCO K10 PLUS?
Ideal for internal & external wet area applications ? Commercial and residential work ? Ideal to use for showers bathrooms terraces and balconies which can be tiled over if required using Davco cement based adhesives ? Ideal for roofs walkways and other exposed situations ? UV stable and foot trafficable ? Suitable for retaining walls and planter boxes provided that adequate protection and drainage is in place.
Tough flexible membrane
A tough flexible membrane film which eliminates the need for a reinforcing layer. Davco K10 Plus meets the requirements of AS4858 Wet Area Membrane Class III Drying time Davco K10 Plus dries in 6-8 hours approximately depending of the number of coats applied. Davco K10 Plus can be re-coated in 2-4 hours per coat therefore allowing same day trafficking or tiling.
Can be used for internal wet areas and with its UV resistant feature K10 Plus is also ideal for external applications as well. Suitable for use as an anti-fracture membrane and light foot trafficable.
Safe to use
Being water based there is no solvent release making Davco K10 Plus suitable for use in confined areas. Substrates Ideal to use on concrete cement renders screed lightweight blocks prepared metal surfaces building boards approved for wet areas.
VOC Content Test Certificate
Low VOC – Specification for V2 IEQ-13 V1.1 IEQ-11 Easy to apply Single component ready to use straight from the bucket. Apply with brush or roller.
Fully tested for compatibility with Davco cement based tile adhesives. Does not stain tiles or marble.
- Waterproofing of internal and external wet areas such as showers bathrooms terraces and balconies which can be tiled over if required using Davco cement based adhesives.
- Ideal for roofs including walkways and other exposed situations as it is UV stable and light foot trafficable.
- Suitable for retaining walls and planter boxes provided that adequate protection and drainage is in place.
- All surfaces must be structurally sound and free from dirt dust laitance grease paint wax oil and any other loose contaminants.
- Prior to application remove all sharp protrusions which may pierce the membrane.
- Any voids potholes in the substrate must be appropriately filled with a high strength mortar.
- All new concrete slabs must have a wood float finish and be allowed to cure for at least 6 weeks.
- Old concrete must be cleaned with a strong commercial grade detergent or degreaser. Then thoroughly wash off any residue with clean water. Allow the surface to dry for at least 24 hours.
- If the concrete (new or old) has a steel trowel or power float finish it must be mechanically abraded to expose the aggregate and remove any signs of laitance.
- New rendered surfaces must have a wood float finish and be allowed to cure for at least 7 days.
- Prime the surface with 2 coats of Davco Ultraprime.
- All metal surfaces must be totally free of rust. Prime metal surfaces with etching primer.
Cracks/Joints – NOT subject to movement.
- Small hairline cracks up to 1mm wide may be filled by the first application of Davco K10 Plus.
- For cracks/joints wider than 1mm joint filler should be applied along the length of the crack prior to the application of Davco K10 Plus.
Cracks/Joints – subject to movement.
- All cracks/joints irrespective of their width must be filled firstly with Davco Davsil (Silicone Sealant) or Sodaflex 603 (Polyurethane Sealant). Then 50mm wide polyethylene/polypropylene tape should be placed over the crack ensuring it adheres to the surface.
- Standard wall/floor building boards must be firmly fixed in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and appropriate Australian Standards and primed with Davco Ultraprime. Such boards include plasterboard; fibre cement sheeting; marine grade ply and wet area composition board. Check with manufacturer of other building boards for their suitability.
- Screw or nail heads must be sealed with epoxy.
- All sheeting joints need to be covered with 50mm wide polyethylene/polypropylene tape.
Falls to Drain
- In all wet areas it is important that falls be provided to the drain outlet. The slope of this fall should be 1:80 which equates to a 12.5mm fall over 1m. If the existing substrate does not provide the necessary falls a sand/cement screed needs to be installed. Once the screed is in place and has cured adequately apply the membrane as per instructions below. Contact the Technical Advisory line for more information on an appropriate screed mix if this is required.
- For balconies and rooftops it is important that falls be provided to the edges or the drain outlet. The slope of this fall should be 1:100 which equates to a 10mm fall over 1m. If the existing substrate does not provide the necessary falls a sand/cement screed needs to be installed. Once the screed is in place and has cured adequately apply the membrane as per instructions below. Contact the Technical Advisory line for more information on an appropriate screed mix if this should be required.
- All surfaces should be prepared in accordance with Surface Preparation instructions. CODE EAN number DESCIPTION SIZE MIN ORDER PALLET QTY 1226004 9312095003240 K10 Plus Green 4L 4 96 1226020 9312095002787 K10 Plus Green 20L 1 32 1227020 9312095002885 K10 Plus Grey 20L 1 32
- This can be primed with Davco Ultraprime. One litre of Davco Ultraprime will cover approximately 8-10m2/L depending on site conditions. Allow the primer to dry before application of the membrane.
- This applies to solid timber floors ply and particle board flooring. Prime the surface with Ultraprime which will cover approx. 8-10m2/L depending on site conditions. Allow the primer to dry before application of the membrane.
Compressed Fibre Cement
- This should be primed using Dampflex Primer. This will cover approx. 8-10m2/L depending on site based primer system refer to datasheet and MSDS for application and handling instructions.
- When using Abelrod as a bond breaker prime the surface first as per instructions. Allow to dry. Place Abelrod along all wall/floor and wall/wall junctions and secure into place with polyethylene/polypropylene tape.
Silicone or Polyurethane
- When using either Davsil (Silicone) or Sodaflex 603(Polyurethane) as a bond breaker apply the bead into the corner and smooth out with spatula or smoothing tool to give a rounded 12mm radius cove in the corner. Allow to cure for 24 hours before subsequent application of membrane.
- Davco K10 Plus requires NO MIXING. Apply directly from the pail. Use a thick brush or a short nap roller to apply the first coat of Davco K10 Plus on the area to be waterproofed.
- Allow the first coat to dry for approximately 1-2 hours before applying the 2nd coat at 90° to the first coat.
- Apply a third coat only if necessary or required to do so.
- Allow the final coat to dry for at least 4-6 hours. This gives an overall drying time of 6-8 hours for the full application.
Note: The lower the temperature the slower the drying time of the membrane.
- Prime inside and around the drain as per priming instructions.
- Apply the first coat of K10 Plus in and around the drain. Allow the first coat to dry for approximately 1-2 hours at 20oC.
- Apply a second coat in and around the drain ensuring no pinholes or air bubbles are present on the membrane surface. If necessary apply a third coat.
- If pond testing is required ensure the membrane is allowed to cure for a minimum of 7 days before pond testing. Contact our Technical Advisory line on 1800 653 347 if pond testing is required earlier than 7 days.
Coverage will vary depending on the application. K10 Plus is recommended for use at the following thicknesses in these specific applications:
- Wet Areas
2 coats required.
Each coat should achieve 0.6mm dry film thickness. Apply at the rate of 1L/m2. A 20L pail will cover 20m2.
- Balconies / Patios Covered External Areas
2 heavy coats required.
Each coat should achieve 0.8mm dry film thickness. Apply at a rate of 1.25L/m². A 20L pail will cover 16m².
- Rooftops Exposed External Areas
3 heavy coats required.
Each coat should achieve 1.0mm dry film thickness. Apply at the rate of 1.5L/m². A 20L pail will cover 13m².
- Do not allow the product to freeze. Do not apply if the temperature is in excess of 35°C or less than 5°C.
- Delay external applications when inclement weather is imminent.
- Do not thin the liquid; it is supplied ready for use.
- Davco K10 Plus is not recommended for use in areas of permanent water immersion like swimming pools spas etc.
- Do not use where negative hydrostatic pressure is evident (i.e. rising damp) as it affects the bond of Davco K10 Plus.
- Contact your ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd office for product recommendation in areas where negative hydrostatic pressure exists.
- For other uses or the use of Davco K10 Plus over substrates/situations not mentioned contact your nearest ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd office.
- Tools and excess Davco K10 Plus can be cleaned up with water while it is still wet.
PACKAGING & SHELF LIFE
- Davco K10 Plus is available in the following colours and packages: Green 4 litre and 20 litre containers. Grey 20 litre containers.
- Shelf life up to 12 months in unopened containers stored in a cool dry elevated place.
Appearance: Green or Grey liquid
Drying Time at 20°C: 6 8 hours
Crack bridging: Up to 2mm
Elongation at Break (7 day dry): 400%
Tensile strength (7 day dry): 3N/mm2
Adhesion to concrete: 1.03N/mm2
Shore hardness: 25
Re-coat Time (at 20°C): 1-2 hours
Full Cure (at 20ºC): 3 days
Bond Breaker Requirement
- K10 Plus is a Class III membrane with High Extensibility.As such the minimum bond breaker width to bridge jointsopening up by 5mm is 12mm (Davsil can be used).
The use of this product is beyond the manufacturers control and liability is restricted to the replacement of material proven faulty. The manufacturer is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from incorrect usage. All workmanship must be carried out in accordance with AS 3740 and AS 4654.
The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate. No warranty is implied or given as to its completeness or accuracy in describing the performance or suitability of the product for a particular application. Users are asked to check that the literature in their possession is the latest issue.
There are no reviews yet.